Our religious leaders have certainly established the fact that education is a solid building block for a stable and successful future in a child’s life; they have gone as far as building Universities to physically state their point.
We applaud the congregation of these churches who offered their tithes, donations and weekly offering to see this vision come to light; in turn expecting that their widows might pay off when their children can acquire a decent education through these schools. Not an unreasonable assumption I must add.
On the bright side, these universities have long been completed unlike most projects in Nigeria, the downside is you need to have bagged some cash to afford sending one child let alone two to the now termed ‘Nigerian Elite Universities‘. Here are a list of these universities and an approximate fee that you need to pay to attend.
1. BOWEN University owned and operated by a Baptist Convention, charges ₦650,000 as tuition fees per session.
2. COVENANT University established by Bishop Oyedepo of Winners Chapel ₦640,000 as tuition fees per session.
3. BENSON IDAHOSA University charges ₦500,000 as tuition fees per session.
4. BABCOCK University established by The Seventh Day Adventist, charges ₦450,000 as tuition fees per session.
5. REDEEMERS University owned by The Redeemed Christian Church of God , charges ₦450,000 as tuition fees per session.
6. AJAYI CROWTHER University established by The Supra diocesan board of the church of Nigeria (Anglican Communion), charges ₦350,000per session.
7. MADONNA University a Catholic University charges ₦350,000 as tuition fees per session.
All of these universities were built from tithes and offerings of the people who now cannot afford to send their children there to study. Where has the moral of the church gone?
These schools were all built by the efforts of their congregations who kept sowing seeds; special offering seeds, first fruit seed, redemption seed, thanksgiving seed, harvest seed, tithes, pastor’s birthday seed, church building seed, evangelism seed, father’s day seed, mother’s day seed, children’s day seed, pastor’s cake seed, olive oil seed, insecticide seed, indomie seed, ground nut seed, miscellaneous seed, etc seed. These schools are now elite schools, only for the children of the rich. The gainers then use the proceeds to buy private planes and jets to fly up high in luxury while their members sleep hungry and next Sunday, they will read and preach Malachi 3:6-12. EYES ARE CRYING O…!!
Latest Nigeria News
- Buhari Laughs At Lies, Fake News About Him – Okorocha Reveals
- Buhari London Lunch Photo: List of APC Governors and Leaders Present
- 100-Year-Old Mornach Bags Doctorate Degree
- Drug Addicts Invade Cemeteries, Steal And Smoke Human Ashes To Get High
- [Video] Diezani, Orubebe Have Failed Niger Deltans - Asari Dokubo
- Deranged Pedophile Father Arrested For Molesting 13 Year Old Daughter
- Ekiti 2018: APC Will Be Defeated Again, Fayose Boasts
- 9Mobile Unveils New Data Plans, Prices And Subscription Codes [See Details]
- Huge Rats Hang From An Exposed Roof In Lagos Airport [Watch Video]
- PHOTO: Buhari Receives APC Governors In London
- US Govt Goes After Ex-Minister Diezani Alison Madueke
- Gary Cahill Appointed New Chelsea Captain
- Popular Yoruba Author Adebayo Faleti is Dead
- Dismissed Soldier Joins Boko Haram, Attacks Police: Nigerian News Daily (23/07/2017)
- Gov. Dankwambo Endorsed for 2019 Presidential Race
- Nigeria: How Dismissed Military Officer Helped Boko Haram Attack Police in Kano State
- Police in Gun Battle With Suspected Boko Haram Terrorists in Kano State
- Lagos LG Polls: APC Takes Enormous Lead [See Results]
- N1.3m Bill: Hospital Seizes Corpse Of Housewife For 8 Months
- Constitution Fix: Nigerians Aged 35 to Contest for Presidency
- Osogbo: 38 Year Old Slaughters Husband Leaving Three Children To Life Of Poverty
- Nnamdi Kanu is Being Used by Some Powerful Nigerians - Abacha's Ex-CSO Al Mustapha
- Leicester City Confirm Deal For Iheanacho
- 198 Nigerians Deported From Saudi Arabia
- Neymar Agrees Personal Terms With PSG
- Southern Kaduna Killings: Fulani Herdsmen Will Be Shot After 6:30pm - Army Commander
- Nigeria: Today's Newspaper Headlines [23 July, 2017]
- FG Holds Special Luncheon For 106 Freed Chibok Girls [PHOTOS]
- Anglican Church Cancels Reverend's Wedding, Sends Guests Packing
- Charly Boy to Igbos: Biafra is a Waste of Time, Find Something Better To Do
- 3 Suicide Bombers Shot Down at Military Location in Konduga, Borno
- Nigeria's Greatest Curse Is Buhari, Followed By Aregbesola: Fani Kayode
- God Allowed Trump to Win US Elections so America Can Be Humble - Obasanjo
- Arsenal Vs Chelsea: Why Conte Allowed Wenger Bring On Giroud Despite Team Sheet Error
- Fani Kayode Replies Presidency- When Buhari Returns to Nigeria, Corspsocracy Will Happen
- Nigeria Army Saves Injured Boko Haram Terrorist Abandoned by His Colleagues [PHOTO]
- OPINION: 'The Deteriorating Mind of Femi Adesina' by Femi Fani-Kayode
- Lagos LG Elections: APC Records Landslide Victory at Ambode Polling Unit
- Lagos LG Poll Results [UNOFFICIAL]
- Senator Adamu: My Children Are Jobless Under Buhari: Nigeria News Daily (22/07/2017)