Our religious leaders have certainly established the fact that education is a solid building block for a stable and successful future in a child’s life; they have gone as far as building Universities to physically state their point.
We applaud the congregation of these churches who offered their tithes, donations and weekly offering to see this vision come to light; in turn expecting that their widows might pay off when their children can acquire a decent education through these schools. Not an unreasonable assumption I must add.
On the bright side, these universities have long been completed unlike most projects in Nigeria, the downside is you need to have bagged some cash to afford sending one child let alone two to the now termed ‘Nigerian Elite Universities‘. Here are a list of these universities and an approximate fee that you need to pay to attend.
1. BOWEN University owned and operated by a Baptist Convention, charges ₦650,000 as tuition fees per session.
2. COVENANT University established by Bishop Oyedepo of Winners Chapel ₦640,000 as tuition fees per session.
3. BENSON IDAHOSA University charges ₦500,000 as tuition fees per session.
4. BABCOCK University established by The Seventh Day Adventist, charges ₦450,000 as tuition fees per session.
5. REDEEMERS University owned by The Redeemed Christian Church of God , charges ₦450,000 as tuition fees per session.
6. AJAYI CROWTHER University established by The Supra diocesan board of the church of Nigeria (Anglican Communion), charges ₦350,000per session.
7. MADONNA University a Catholic University charges ₦350,000 as tuition fees per session.
All of these universities were built from tithes and offerings of the people who now cannot afford to send their children there to study. Where has the moral of the church gone?
These schools were all built by the efforts of their congregations who kept sowing seeds; special offering seeds, first fruit seed, redemption seed, thanksgiving seed, harvest seed, tithes, pastor’s birthday seed, church building seed, evangelism seed, father’s day seed, mother’s day seed, children’s day seed, pastor’s cake seed, olive oil seed, insecticide seed, indomie seed, ground nut seed, miscellaneous seed, etc seed. These schools are now elite schools, only for the children of the rich. The gainers then use the proceeds to buy private planes and jets to fly up high in luxury while their members sleep hungry and next Sunday, they will read and preach Malachi 3:6-12. EYES ARE CRYING O…!!
Latest Nigeria News
- Labor Congress Threatens Kogi Government to Start Another Strike
- NAFDAC Workers Embark On Indefinite Strike
- Dieziani: Female Politicians Pilloried For What Male Politicians Are Expected To Do - Chimamanda
- No Govt. Has Done So Much For Ordinary Nigerians Than Buhari – Gov Masari
- Kim Jong-un Vows to Tame ‘Mentally Deranged’ Trump With Fire
- Group Calls For The Incarceration Of Senator T.A Orji
- [Video] Awkward Moment Mugabe Schooled Trump On UN Values and Advised Him To Blow His Trumpet
- Drama As Cemetery Rejects Corpse of Muslim Man Killed By Lightening
- Restructuring: Southwest APC Delegates Fight Over Foods, Drinks [See VIDEO]
- Pay-as-you-use TStv Set to Provide Tough Competition for DStv Nigeria
- [Video] Nigeria News Today: Buhari To Return To On Monday, After Seeing London Doctors (22/09/2017)
- Customs Reveal Company That Imported 1,570 Guns Seized At Lagos Port
- [Video] Igbo Protesters Preach Restructure, Not Disintegration Of Nigeria Outside CNN Office
- VIDEO: President Mugabe Staggers As He Walks To The Podium At UNGA
- [Video] Nigeria: The Statement That Disarmed Kanu and Should Be Used Against Other Regional Groups
- [Photos] Nollywood Actress, Caroline Danjuma, Puts Assets On Show In Racy New Photos
- IPOB Heads To Court Over Proscription By FG
- Buhari Leaves New York, Heads To London 'To See His Doctors'
- [Video] English-Speaking Region Of Cameroon 'Boils' With Cries Of Marginalization
- Saraki Only Invited Us, Failed To Fault Itse Sagay's Jumpo Pay Allegation - SERAP
- Presidency Lists 7 Sins Of Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB
- Nigerian Dancing Senator, Ademola Adeleke, Displays In Atlanta Church
- AIT Offices in Abuja Gutted in Fire Incident [SEE PHOTOS]
- Fayose Among Those Funding IPOB – Ekiti APC
- Boko Haram Slaughters Chief Imam, 4 Others in Borno
- Hunter Kills Younger Brother In Kogi Farm, Claims He Saw A Monkey On Tree
- VIDEO: IPOB Members Storm UN Office
- Pandemonium at Supreme Court as CJN Swears-in 29 New SANs
- Drama As Security Officials Turn Buhari's Minister, Dalung Back From Entering S/Court Room
- Biafra: Buhari Sends Northern Governors To South-east [TheCable]
- IPOB: Buhari Should Act Immediately To Avoid Another Civil War - Ekweremadu
- Lai Mohammed Speaks On IPOB as A Violent Organisation
- FG Confirms Yellow Fever in Kwara
- Buhari's Minister, Shittu Vows To Succeed Ajimobi in Oyo 2019
- [Video] US: Ungrateful Black Girl Sues Mother For Ruining Her Life By Been Too Dark
- Buhari Should Investigate Yar Adua's Death
- [Video] US President Trump Makes His First Address to the UN General Assembly, Focuses On UN Reform
- [Video] Nigeria News Today: IPOB Is Not A Terrorist Group - Senate President Saraki (18/09/2017)
- Suicide Bombers Hit Borno, Kill 15
- I Will Continue To Fight Corruption Until... - Buhari